Our Toddler group meets Tuesdays 10.00 – 11.30am, term time only.
Speckled Frogs is a church-based Toddler Group. Our group aims to show and share the love of God by:
Providing a safe place
Helping children’s development in all ways
Providing support to families and carers
Underpinning the group and all that we do with prayer
We aim to have a story session every half term and may have other play or craft activities linked to this. Our theme this half term is “Harvest”.
We have team prayer before opening every session and will have a prayer request box available.
You will need to book!
We will need to restrict numbers to 25 family groups per session so you will need to request a space via our new email address [email protected] by Monday at 6pm.
We will let you know if you have been unsuccessful in booking a place. Please let us know the numbers of adults and children you are booking for. We would ask you to only include adults that need to be there to support the children. Please inform us if you need to cancel your booking.
- We will NOT be opening the Link for refreshments and play before the session starts.
- Speckled Frogs will open at 10am and close at 11.30. Because of cleaning requirements you will need to leave the premises by 11.30.
- Entry to the group will be via the Link door in the car park. If you arrive via Church Street, follow the building around, through the gate next to The King’s Arms pub, into the car park. Entrance to the car park is via Crown Street, near the back of Sainsbury’s. Prams can be left in the Link, but please take valuables with you into the halls. Please arrive by 10.15 so that we can secure the Link at that point.
- We can not offer refreshments currently. Please bring your own drinks and snacks to share with your child.
- Th recommended donation this half term is 75p for a family group. This will go up to £1 when we can provide refreshments again.
- We will still have ride on toys in the small Carey Hall – the Driving Zone! The Spurgeon Hall will be divided into 5 zones – Baby/Tiddler Zone, Quiet Zone, Adventure Zone, Imagination Zone and Activity/Physical Zone.
- If you have any problems or comments, or if there is any way in which we may be able to help you, then please speak to one of our leaders.
- The Church has a Child Protection Policy which is on display in the entrance to the Spurgeon Hall.
Safety & Rules
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, but also due to staffing issues, the group will, at least for the time being, look a little different than before.
- Due to Test and Trace requirements for the church, we need to register all adults on arrival. The church is registered with the NHS Covid-19 App and would encourage people to use this wherever possible, but we will also have a manual register. These records will be securely stored in the church office for the required period.
- We need all adults attending the group to fill in a Speckled Frogs registration form so that we have up-to-date contact details in case of emergencies and so that we can keep you informed of any news, eg group closures.
- Please be reassured that we will be undertaking regular cleaning, quarantining of toys etc. Hand sanitiser will be available for your use. Staff will be wearing face coverings
We hope that you and your child(ren) will enjoy many happy times with our group. However, to try and ensure that everyone has a good and safe time, we do have some very simple but essential rules that we ask you to keep:
- Please supervise your own child(ren) at all times. If for any reason you need to leave one child to attend to another please ask someone to watch them for you. Any of the leaders will be happy to help!
- We have a strict no smoking, no swearing and no corporal punishment policy.
- Sorry, it looks like there are no planned dates for this event.
Toddler Group News
- Toddler Group is Re-opening! (8/12/2021) - We are delighted to announce the reopening of Speckled Frogs Toddler Group at Shirley Baptist Church on Tuesday 14 September 2021. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, but also due to staffing issues, the group will, at least for the time being, look a little different than before. Please click here for all the details!
- Toddler Group Summer Sessions (7/10/2017) - We have two summer sessions planned: Tuesday 8 August - Meet in St James Park 10-11.30 am Tuesday 29 August - Meet in the Halls 10-11.30 am Older siblings welcome to join us for these dates.